The Wyncote Audubon Society is one of the oldest nature oriented clubs in North America. We were founded in 1914 as the Wyncote Bird Club and in 1970 we became a chapter of the National Audubon Society. We now have over 2000 members in the Philadelphia / Eastern Montgomery County region.
As a member of National Audubon we firmly support the Audubon Cause:
- To conserve and support systems of the natural environment
- To conserve and use renewable energy sources
- To protect life from radiation and toxic substances and pollution
- To promote the responsible use of public lands and waters
- To work to solve local and global environmental problems
- To address the stablization of World Populations
WAS Centennial Celebration
April 12, 2014
Briarbush Nature Center
2PM - 5PM
Join us in celebrating 100 years of great birding history. Hear from several notable people, see
some remarkable memorabilia that chronicles our club's rich history, and enjoy refrehments with old friends and new.
Get your invitation here
March 21, 2014
"The Physics of Flight "
with Tom Reider